Friday, March 23, 2012

     What goes around comes around.  Dale has been teasing the elder that wrecked the truck.  We decided to try and find the way to our Branch before Sunday so we would know how to get there on our own.  We did pretty well-only having to back track once- until we got to the Church and the gate was closed.  There was no place to turn around and Dale, thinking like an American, said to himself "There must be someplace to turn around up there."
     The road was at a 45 degree incline and like a squeeze chute.  I could picture in my mind several men having to lift the truck up and turn it around physically.  I asked Dale if he was prepared to back up the hill, knowing that there really was no other choice.  When I volunteered to get out (safest place) there was a young man out there just watching with an interesting look on his face.
     As Dale was making his 10 point turn on someone's porch, he happened to catch the left fender flare on the fence and it POPPED off.  All of this took place after he had put the truck in 4 wheel drive to back it up the hill.  Very interesting experience!  We will see what the Branch members have to say on Sunday since the President lives across the street from the church.  I can't help but think we might have been the topic of conversation over their dinner table that night.
     We attended a very nice luncheon with one of the members who has a very nice house here.  They entertain quite often and are loved by all. We met some of the sisters who are called to the CCM as missionaries and also to the temple here.  One was from Kanosh, Utah. We had a great time and the food was most excellent.
     The temple is beautiful here and the distrubution center is next to it.  There is no visitor center but the whole campus is beautiful.  We will try to go to the temple soon.
      We are still trying to figure out how to download pictures to the blog so be patient with us.  We would love to show you some of the things that we are seeing.
   

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the truck, but it was a great story- put a smile on my face- yes I would love to see some pictures, so next time you call I can explain it, its super easy. Love you so much, the tree house is coming along nicely, I'll post pictures soon.

    ReplyDelete